Call for Papers: Senses, emotions and artifacts: relational approaches
Deadline: 1 october 2019
Guest Editor: Olga Sabido (Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana-Azcapotzalco)
For this special call, the proposals can be related to the following topics, although they are not restricted, other topics that are framed in the call are welcome.
Analysis and empirical investigations
- Classical and / or contemporary approaches for the analytical entanglement between senses, emotions and objects.
- Analytical levels to think about the articulation of bodies, senses and emotions in human and non-human bonds.
- The bodies, their feelings and technology.
- The opening to non-social disciplines to think about the articulation of senses, emotions and objects.
- Criticisms of ocularcentrism and the extension of the body's senses (proprioception, nocioception, kinesthesia) in their relationship with others and artifacts.
- Affective bonds and their materiality (artifacts, spaces, etc.).
- Digital media, bodies and affectivity.
- Senses, bodies and gendered objects.
- Objects and artifacts in the experience of sexual pleasure.
Posted on 17 Apr 2019